Blueprint for Success:
Writing the Playbook is a K-12 "how-to" guide for increasing boys' achievement and reducing discipline problems. The book addresses the deveopmental trajectory for ages 5-18 and tackles the issues that are the biggest barriers for boys and young men at all levels through high school and post-secondary. This practical, step-by-step book equips school leaders with:
• The science behind how the male brain learns;
• The data you need to make the case with faculty, parents, district leadership, and other stakeholders.
• A school improvement plan that gets the whole team on board and closes those gender gaps;
• Professional development tools and activities to sustain a multi-year focus;
• A look at well-intended school policies that hurt boys – and how we can fix these;
• Relationship-building tips that help boys feel like they really belong at school;
• Classroom strategies that keep both boys and girls engaged, motivated and learning.
It's time to get a game plan.
Because not a single boy should have to wait.
Foreword by Michael Gurian
author of "Minds of Boys" &
"Boys & Girls Learn Differently"